Scripture Verse

"Be joyful in hope, patient in tribulation and faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12



Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Precious Warriors

Almost a year ago I became part of a prayer team for C.O.L.E.'s foundation. This is a wonderful organization that is dedicated to supporting families who have a child with cancer and many other life threatening diseases. My friend, Sandy had been working with COLE's for some time and she mentioned it often. I went to their website to take a look for myself. I immediately fell in love with the kids that are fighting so hard to live.

I guess one reason my heart is so knit to these brave kids is that I am a "professional patient" myself. I have never had cancer and I can't even imagine the pain, sorrow and grief these wonderful families go through. But I am riding my own roller coaster each day and know the heartache of chronic illness. Cancer has touched our family too many times already and I can testify to the battle that this awful "monster" brings.

It has been my great joy and honor to follow the journey's of these angels and to lift them before the Father each day. I have lost 8 of my kids since July of last year and my heart bleeds for their families who are left behind to pick up the pieces. I have several who have been overjoyed to report NED (no evidence of disease) and just the other day one of my angels found out that she is cancer free - two of the sweetest words that she and her family have probably ever heard! Glory to God! And then there are two of my sweethearts who have relapsed yet again and the doctor's have little hope. It is gut wrenching and my heart literally aches when I read the agony and sorrow their families are facing from moment to moment.

And then there is Laken, she is my precious little six year old who has a battle very much like mine. Her mother found her having a seizure last August and she has been battling ever since. Reading her story is like taking a page from my own life - and in her case I KNOW the uphill struggle of daily seizures and all that comes with it. Laken is really having a hard time right now but I am praying for many, many seizure free days for her in the future.

Kids with cancer are fighters - they are in the fight of their lives - a fight they never thought would be. Please join me in bringing these precious warriors before our mighty God each day - there are way too many kids losing their hair, going through chemo and waiting, just waiting to hear those wonderful words, cancer free. They need us to pray and take on some of the burden they are carrying every day.

This is in honor of all my kids - I love you and am praying for you! Please trun down the playlist music to listen. "Skin", by Rascal Flatts

Rejoicing in Hope,
Roxanne

No comments:

Post a Comment