Scripture Verse

"Be joyful in hope, patient in tribulation and faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12



Saturday, April 3, 2010

He Paid it ALL...

I have been reflecting this week on the death and Resurrection of Christ. I have been blessed to dig into the Gospel accounts of this amazing time. It still grabs my heart, even after being a Born Again believer for 27 years now - it makes me stop and bow my heart and life before the Lord and thank Him once again for giving His life so that I could live in eternity with Him. Who am I to deserve such riches? I am a sinner who is unworthy in every way. I am overwhelmed by the love that my Savior has for us all.

Just stop a minute and think of the person who means the most to you in this life, even if this is the most precious, amazing creature on this planet, would he/she die a brutal, horrific death so that you could live? Only God can do such a miraculous thing and I am more than thankful He did! There is nothing like the love and grace of Jesus and as my Pastor put it last week, it was kind of like a "holy swap" - the way Jesus laid His life down so that we all could live in Him.

So, this Easter Sunday as we all go to the House of the Lord to celebrate our wonderful Savior, meditate on what He has done for you and praise Him just a little louder, for He is most worthy!

If you are still wondering about this Jesus and if the Christian walk is worth it - let me tell you most assuredly, it will be the greatest decision you have ever made. It is also the easiest thing to do - just like learning you ABC's.

A: Admit that you are a sinner. "There is no one righteous, not even one... for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Romans 3: 10, 23
Ask God's Forgiveness. "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:13

B: Believe in Jesus. Put your trust in Him as your only hope for Salvation. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16
Become a child of God by receiving Christ. "To all who receive Him, to those who believe in His name, He gave the right to be called the children of God." John 1:12

C: Confess that Jesus is your Lord. "If you confess with your mouth, that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9

I pray that you have a most blessed Easter and remember that He is Risen, indeed!!

Rejoicing in Hope,
Roxanne

No comments:

Post a Comment