Scripture Verse

"Be joyful in hope, patient in tribulation and faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12



Saturday, December 18, 2010

Come, Let Us Adore HIM!

Christmas is here once again! If you are anything like me, this is the best time of year - I love Christmas and I always have. Such a wonderful time in the life of a Christian, time to reflect on what Jesus' birth means to all of us. It is so much more than the celebration of His birth, it is a time to rejoice in what He came to Earth to do in the first place. He came to die a horrible death for all of us, to save us from our sins. Even in the manger so long ago God knew this was the plan.

I am overjoyed that Jesus chose to die for me (and you!) so long ago - after all, who am I that the God of the Universe should give me a second thought. But He did! He loves us all more than we could ever possibly conceive. I pray that in the coming year, you will grow closer to Him than ever before, (by the way, I am praying that for myself as well) I pray you will be strengthened and stretched in your faith as never before. I also pray that God will use you to honor Him however He thinks is best.

So, this Christmas may you all feel the love, joy and peace that only comes from knowing the Lord. As you bake, shop, mail Christmas cards, exchange gifts and spend time with your precious families; don't forget the most precious gift of all is the Lord Jesus - take time to exalt, praise and worship Him. After all, as my good friend, Linus Van Pelt says, "That's what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown."

Merry Christmas and God Bless all of you in the New Year!

Rejoicing in Christmas Hope,
Roxanne

"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; you will find the baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger. Suddenly a great company of heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom His favor rests." Luke 2:11-14

No comments:

Post a Comment