Scripture Verse

"Be joyful in hope, patient in tribulation and faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12



Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Gift

Right now there is a giant present under my Christmas tree, it is for Josh. For days he has looked at it and asked a thousand times what it is. I can see the excitement on his face - he is just dying to know the contents.

I began to think about THE greatest gift of all - eternal life that comes from knowing Jesus as Lord and Savior. Does that still spark a thrill, joy and excitement in me that would far surpass that which is on my son's face.

The gift of salvation is free - all we have to do is ask. God has made that abundantly clear...

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have life everlasting." John 3:16

As a Christ follower, I should wake up each morning and thank the Lord for what He has done for me on the Cross - it should never get old - I should never tire of thanking my God for eternity with Him. So, during this Season when our culture is spinning in circles trying to find the perfect gift, making their house look just so and driving all over the place - I choose to focus on the King of Kings and praise Him for the wondrous gift of knowing Him.

I am also reminded of another gift that we can get our hands on every day, reach out and touch and immerse our minds and hearts into - God's Word. God has been faithful to give us this "love letter" from Him. I know for me as I struggle with life, seizures and the weight of disability, nothing soothes my burdened heart quite like time in the Bible.

It is my hope and prayer that this Christmas you know the Lord and you are feeding on Him and His precious Word daily. There is no greater gift than being in a love relationship with Almighty God. He is faithful, He will never leave or forsake and He will be our constant Source of Strength no matter the hurt or pain we are feeling at the time.

May God richly bless you this Christmas as you focus on Him!!

Rejoicing in Hope at Christmastime,

Roxanne

"For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder and His name will be called, Wonderful, Councelor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment