Scripture Verse

"Be joyful in hope, patient in tribulation and faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12



Monday, December 21, 2009

The Threshing Floor

Last year God showed me a verse in 1 Chronicles that I would have ordinarily skipped right over. 1 Chron. 21:22

"Then David said to Orman, grant me the place of this threshing floor that I may build an alter on it to the LORD."

The threshing floor was the place where all the wheat was sifted and the extra fell on the floor. God had spoken to David and commanded him to go and erect an alter in the middle of this threshing floor - David obeyed the Lord and did just that, he offered sacrifices and praise to his God in the middle of this place where wheat was sifted each day.

The Lord showed me as I went over the verse several times that I was in the middle of my own threshing floor. As I was learning to deal with giant health issues, and trust Him more - I was being sifted like wheat - emotionally and physically. Day after day I was hurting and crying out to my God to carry me through. He showed me through this verse that I had a choice in the circumstances I was in - I could drown in them or I could build an alter of sacrifice and praise to the Lord each day.

It would be easy to complain, have a pity party (and believe me I have had my share of those) or I could lean on the Lord in a new way - trusting Him with all my heart. I could offer up a sacrifice of praise daily and know that I am clothed in righteousness and HOPE.

I would have to choose...

Although my days are tough, it would be impossible to go through one second without my Jesus, so, I chose to look at my life, and instead of complaining, I chose to praise. There is far more to be thankful for than there is to sob over. Now please don't get me wrong here - I do not have it all together and this does not come easy to me. God has helped me see His perspective in the area of suffering. And from this perspective has come the decision to be joyful - even when it is so hard.

This joy does not come from me - it comes from the God I serve. I will choose joy and to rejoice in the hope of my KING because I know that is the only way I can make it.

I pray today if you are in the middle of your own threshing floor - and let's be honest who hasn't been there. But if you are there today - know that your Heavenly Father loves you more than you will ever know and He is working in your life for His glory AND your good. Oh, it may not feel that way now but God is very purposeful in His plans for us.

I am thankful for the threshing floor of seizures and disability in my life because it continues to drive me to the foot of the Cross - and there is no other place I want to be.

As you go through your day today lean heavy and hard on the Lord God, trusting that His grace is sufficient. And as you are suffering in the threshing floor of your life, choose to praise and worship the KING who has allowed you be just where you are for reasons only known to Him.

Rejoicing, in Hope,
Roxanne

p.s. I hope everyone is enjoying the play list - I picked all these songs for a specific reason. God has used music to minister to me in countless ways over the years and these songs are all very special to me! Enjoy the music!

No comments:

Post a Comment