Scripture Verse

"Be joyful in hope, patient in tribulation and faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12



Wednesday, March 17, 2010

He is Enough

I have been clinging hard and fast to Psalm 73:26 for the past several months.

"My flesh and heart fail but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

I am always amazed at the Word of God - it gives you just the right verse for wherever you are in life. For the last few months I have been in a weary place, both mentally and physically. I have not had a seizure free day in 4 weeks and I am drained. My new seizure medication is going well - so far I have not had any adverse reactions and we are beyond thankful. It will be many months before we see a difference seizure wise but for now I am tolerating it. The more time that goes on without any seizure breaks the more exhausted I become - the days have been tough.

But in the midst of seizures and limitations the Lord has once again brought me to His feet and reminded me that, indeed, He is enough. No matter how long and hard the storm rages around me, He is my Shelter, my Keeper, my Refuge and my Strong Tower - He IS enough. I will hold onto that truth each day and when I feel like it is just all too much I will hold tighter.

So many of us journey through the valleys and deep waters of life - we are hurting, numb, and would even sometimes love to give up hope. Please let me encourage you that I know those feelings all too well and when they rush over you like cold water, pray. Pray as you never have before that the God of the Universe would give you strength for one more day, one more hurt. He is able and will make a way - allow Him to be the Comforter and Anchor of your soul and through it all you will be amazed where He takes you and what He reveals to you about yourself and most of all about walking with Him.

This is my plan for the days to come and for the rest of my life - to hold onto Jesus with everything I have, knowing that He is holding me too. I will also run to God's Word daily and let it bathe me in truth. The following verses are some of my favorites, the Lord uses them time and time again to reveal truth and remind me of what is really important, as you read them I pray that the Lord will speak to you as well.

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things that are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Rejoicing in Much Hope,
Roxanne

No comments:

Post a Comment