Scripture Verse

"Be joyful in hope, patient in tribulation and faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12



Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Days of Old

God is so good - that seems so simple and obvious to say and yet as believers we all say it. God is of course so good and has moved through our lives in countless ways - sometimes all we can come up with in our very limited way of thinking and speaking is, "God is good."

I have been almost living in the Book of Psalms lately. Those of you who know me, know that it is one of my very favorites and it is also a balm to my soul - to all of our souls. The words wash over me as if they have been taken from my own life - I love how the Lord knew I would need that, how we all would need that.

The past few weeks He has used Psalm 77 to wash over my soul time and time again and so today I thought I would share it with you (parts of it anyway) - I pray that you are encouraged and filled with the hope the only God can give as you go through your day, your mountaintop, your valley or wherever God may have you.

Psalm 77

I cried out to God with my voice - to God with my voice; in the day of my trouble I sought the Lord; my hand was stretched out in the night without ceasing; my soul refused to be comforted. I remembered God and was troubled; I complained and was overwhelmed.. I have considered the days of old, the years of ancient times. I call to remembrance my song in the night; I meditate within my heart and my soul makes diligent search...

And I said, "This is my anguish; but I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High." I will remember the works of the Lord; surely I will remember Your wonders of old. I will also meditate on all Your work and talk of all Your deeds."

I have been prompted by the Lord to go back over my life and meditate on how He has worked and all the times He has been there and touched my life as only God can do - and remember that yes, he is very good. I have been doing this for some time now but this time I wanted to include it in the blog and maybe encourage you to look in your own life and thank Him for all those times when He has been so faithful...

So, Lord I thank you for walking with me every step of the way even when I didn't know you were there...

When Mama carried me so long ago and there were problems no one could have ever dreamed of ... You were there working.

When I knelt beside my bed in 1982 and gave my heart and life to you... You took my heart and have held it so tightly each day since then.

For allowing me to meet Stephen in High school and ordain our love and relationship at such an early age... God you have worked through Stephen in so many ways to teach me, grow me and lead me closer to you.

For allowing me 7 seizure free years in the beginning of our marriage... Lord how awesome you are to allow me that time.

For August 26th, 1996 when we found out we were going to have a baby... what a precious gift from You Lord, the gift of Motherhood is always so sweet but for a person with such severe disabilities, I am still overwhelmed.

For walking through a hard but rewarding pregnancy with me Lord, every week of getting my blood levels checked, not knowing how long my veins would last and the peace that You provided through it all - God You are faithful.

May 2, 1997 - our Joshua entered this world and You led me through it every step of the way, never taking Your hand from me.

Lord, I praise You and thank you for each time that I have fallen during a seizure - too many to count, my face bruised beyond recognition and my teeth knocked out 3 different times, countless stitches and trips to the ER - through it all I have felt the presence of the Lord in a powerful way and You have used these horrible times to draw me unto Yourself.

Lord I praise You when you have wrapped Your hands around my heart when friends may be talking on one side of the room and I can't get up to join them - You are always so wonderful to remind me that this is not the most important thing, and you comfort my heart in the process.

The joy of our first home... You were there to remind me that all praise goes to you.

The fun, love and memories of our family vacations - Your mighty hand has led and guided us through each one and reminded me that it is only by your grace.

The fact that I have have had 2-3 seizures as I have typed this and yet the Lord has helped me through it... I am overwhelmed at the goodness of God - thank you Lord for helping me finish what is so important to me and what I hope brings You glory.

I could really go on and on, these are just some of the amazing things God has done in my life that have allowed me to say... "God is good". It is a joy to focus on those days of old and think about all the ways He has worked and all the things He has yet to do. So, as I come to a close, what about you? How will you "remember the wonders of old" that only God can do?

Rejoicing in Hope,
Roxanne

"We give thanks to You, O, God, we give thanks! For Your wondrous works declare that Your name is near." Psalm 75:1

No comments:

Post a Comment