Scripture Verse

"Be joyful in hope, patient in tribulation and faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12



Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I will Stand

I have learned a valuable lesson over the past few days, well, I guess I should say I have re-learned. This is something that believers learn from day one of becoming a Christ follower - we have an Enemy.

The Bible says, "Be sober, be vigilant; your adversary, the devil, walks about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour." 1 Peter 5:8

The past few months of physical and emotional tailspin I have been living in have allowed me to forget that because I am a Christian I walk around each day with a target on my back and Satan will always strike where you are the weakest.

He has taken the opportunity, mostly because I have given it to him, to shoot off fiery darts at my weakened state of emotions only to weaken them more. I had forgotten that I am in a daily battle for my spiritual life and Satan will stop at nothing to pull me under the tide of doubt and hopelessness.

Over the past few days the Lord has taken me by the shoulders and reminded me of who I am. I am a Child of the King, a Daughter of the Most High God and Satan is a defeated foe - he has no power over me simply because the God of the Universe resides inside my heart and life. Hallelujah!! I needed to hear that so badly and maybe you do too. I needed for God to remind of who I am in Him and that I can and will stand firm in His power - no matter how high the water or how deep the valley!

I have been focused on the Armor of God found in Eph. 6 - my Sunday school class has been studying this passage for the last few weeks and God has really used it to open my eyes about who I am fighting each day.

"Finally, my brethren be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the whole armor of God that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." Eph. 6:10-12

So, please learn from me, if you are going through a trial or even if life is being good to you, put on the whole armor of God and fight. Stand firm on the promises of the Lord. Remember, as I have had to, that you do indeed have an enemy but God has not left you powerless. All the power you need is in Jesus. Cling to Him, stay in His Word, allow Him to teach you and stretch your faith - even through those tough times, after all, that's how we most see the power of God demonstrated anyway.

I would like to thank my special circle of friends that I called on to stand with me in prayer, Heather, Melissa, Keri, Casey and Cathleen. You are precious friends and I thank you for lifting me up in prayer when I needed you the most. And my mother, who I love so much, thanks for always listening to me and praying for me - you are a blessing.

As far as my home, "the pit" goes, I am overjoyed to say it was only temporary! The Lord has pulled me from that awful place - I have some dirt under my fingernails from clawing around in there but I am looking into the Face of my Father knowing that He has rescued me once again!

Rejoicing in Hope,
Roxanne

"This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed. Because His compassions fail not, they are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness. The Lord is my portion says my soul, therefore I hope in Him!" Lam. 3:21-24

1 comment:

  1. Roxanne....I am so happy to read this....I am glad God has been faithful to answer our prayers and the cloud has been lifted. It is my prayer that you will always be overflowing with the joy of the Lord. Love you Roxanne, so proud to call you friend.

    ReplyDelete