Scripture Verse

"Be joyful in hope, patient in tribulation and faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12



Saturday, May 29, 2010

Good-Bye Sixth Grade and Hello Summer...

Last Thursday was a great day in our house and if you are a parent you can appreciate what I am about to say - it was the last day of school!!! For Josh it was the last day of sixth grade, he attends a wonderful Christian, Classical school here in Spring and we absolutely love it. The sixth grade is still a part of the Grammar school so next year he we be a part of the Upper School - which is the middle and high school combined. We are in the BIG league now!! I have no idea how the time has gone so quickly and it was a little bitter-sweet for me as a Mom to say good-bye to sixth grade (even though we will not be changing schools or anything) it is the little things that will change. But, life goes on and they must grow up...

I am very excited to see the summer arrive - I think I may be more excited than Josh! It has been a tough year for me and this tired, old mom is ready for a break - so I am thankful to say, no more school until September 7th.

I am looking forward to the lazy days of summer. Sleeping in, a steady stream of boys in my house for 3 months, spending time with my mom while Stephen and Josh are at church camp, playing board games with Josh and watching "I Love Lucy", reading my very favorite book, "To Kill A mockingbird", as I do every summer, taking our family vacation to Branson Mo., no schedules or routines - and did I mention sleeping in?! That might be the best part!

I praise God for this sixth grade year and how He has worked in Josh's life and heart - I know he continues to grow spiritually as well as academically and we are beyond thankful for what the Lord is doing in his young life. Seventh grade will be here before we know it and I give it to the Lord, knowing He is in control of each day - I am looking forward to seeing what the new year holds!

But in the meantime, I am going to enjoy this summer and time with my son. God is good to give us every minute and I will treasure them all.

Rejoicing in Hope in the Summertime,
Roxanne

No comments:

Post a Comment