Scripture Verse

"Be joyful in hope, patient in tribulation and faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12



Friday, March 25, 2011

I'm Right Where I Need To Be

Today marks the second anniversary in my wheelchair full time. I will never forget two years ago siting at my kitchen table, Bible open and tears streaming down, thinking this was just so much more than I could handle. And I was right. Every day since then has been a surrendering that has led me right to the foot of the Cross and Jesus has carried me all the way.

Some days are still hard, I think that may always be the case - life in a wheelchair is never easy. But God continues to listen as I pray and my two biggest prayer requests over the last two years have been that I am kept safe - and Glory to God I have had fewer falls in these last couple of years and we are all so thankful for that. My next prayer request is that the Lord would enable me to embrace this new normal.

It has been difficult and I must say, I have fought the Lord from time to time, but He has been faithful to help me not just embrace life in a wheelchair, but to also be thankful for it.

That's right, you heard it here first - I am very thankful for this chair. It has allowed me to depend on my Lord in so many ways, it has made me more compassionate, it has challenged my faith and it has helped me to see that our sufferings are tools in which the Lord uses to make us more like Him. These things are forever written on my heart and I have daily seizures and a chair with wheels to thank for it.

The Lord has amazed me at how He has used my seizures and this wheelchair to bring glory to Him as well as reach out to hurting people around me - that, I have to say it my greatest joy. I am honored to pray for those who suffer, to be a witness to the grace and faithfulness of my God. It has allowed me to become so very small so that He can become so very big - if this is what it takes, count me in, I am all the more blessed.

So, today as I sit at my kitchen table with my Bible open, there are no tears, just the joy of Jesus because I am right where I need to be - thank You Lord!

Rejoicing in Hope,
Roxanne

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us." Romans 8:37

1 comment:

  1. Roxanne,

    I am continually in awe of you and how God is working in and through you to touch the lives of others.

    I can't begin to think about what you are going through, but I am blessed to know you and follow your journey!!!

    Luv you!!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete