Scripture Verse

"Be joyful in hope, patient in tribulation and faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12



Wednesday, January 6, 2010

But for a moment

This past week has been a tough one for me. Lots of seizures, including a fall. But most of all it has been the little things, the things that no one else sees or knows about. Just me and God.
Things like not being able to move fast enough, get the things that are just out of my reach or getting stuck in areas with my wheelchair - that is REALLY frustrating!

These are the little issues of life that make me want to get up and move like most everybody else. And this week has been heaps and heaps of tiny things like this that reek havoc on my emotions.
Being a disabled person, I tend to think about Heaven a lot. Not just because I will have a glorified body that works perfectly - although that is a big plus. I also tend to think about what it will be like to see my Jesus face to face, to worship at His feet and sing endless praise songs to Him. What a day that will be!! But until then, I am here dealing with the hardships of life just like everyone else.

When I have days and weeks that almost overwhelm me - like this last week. I am so thankful that I can drag myself, (once again) bloody and bruised to the foot of the Cross. Jesus will again pick me up, clean me off and speak words of life to me that I so need to hear.

I have several Words of Life that comfort and minister to me on my hardest days, I pray they will do the same for you as you struggle or your heart is breaking. Just remember, if you know Jesus, this world we live in is just a pit stop on the way to our Heavenly Home - that thought alone should make us all rejoice a little louder today.

First nugget of truth... Romans 8:18 "For I consider the sufferings of this present time not worthy to be compared with the glory that shall be revealed in us"
I love this verse. It speaks volumes to me. NOTHING that we go through in this life even comes close to the majesty and glory of walking hand in hand with our Savior. Sign me up - I am ready right now!

Next nugget... 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 "Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction is but for a moment, which is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."

I also love this verse. God has used it so many times to bring me back to His perspective, reminding me that not only is He working in me for my good and His glory . But also what He is doing may be unseen but it is eternal, never ending and glorious.

Last nugget... James 1:2-4 "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing."
I know at first glance it sounds crazy to be joyful for the trials in our life but this is a God way of thinking that only He can accomplish. It has taken me many, many years to be joyful in my sufferings - and there are still lots of days that I am not. But I have decided to choose joy because it honors the Lord - and I want to be perfect, lacking nothing. This does not mean perfect as in never making a mistake, it means that I am allowing God to work in and through me daily to make me more like Him. Believe me there is nothing I want more than that!

So, as always it all comes down to Jesus. I am becoming more like Him each day as I learn to struggle with grace and the mind of Christ. Thank you Lord for hard weeks that bring me back to You!

"Only in suffering do we learn to fully delight in God's goodness." - Martin Luther

Rejoicing in Hope,
Roxanne

2 comments:

  1. Roxanne you are an amazing women. I feel honored that God has allowed me to be a part of your life. I have no idea where my life would be without you in it. I love you so very much and I am so proud to call you my daughter and my friend! Keep up the great work on your blog. It is wonderful!
    I love you,
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roxanne,

    I am so sorry last week was so bad!! I will be praying this week will be better!!!!

    You write so eloquently! Praise God for the work he is doing in AND through you to touch others!!!!

    Love ya,

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete