Scripture Verse

"Be joyful in hope, patient in tribulation and faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12



Monday, January 11, 2010

Mistakes and Mercy

Saturday I lost my temper with my wonderful husband of 20 years. It was nothing serious, just one of those things that rubbed me the wrong way and before you knew it I had taken on an attitude that was very contrary to the Christ I follow.

I was angry, unpleasant and rude. My heart breaks now just thinking about it - I hate it when I am rude. It does upset me because of the way that I treated the man that I love so much and that I know God has given me as the perfect provision for my life, this is true, but mostly I get upset over times like this because I have offended my God. I have chosen to step out of the Christian skin I wear each day and become ugly - not consulting the Lord on anything, just letting all the wrong words fly out of my mouth.

I tend to carry moments like this with me for a long while, making it even worse and giving Satan the opportunity to work in my mind. Oh yes, he throws all kinds of things at us when we are not looking! He began to try to convince me that I was a horrible wife, and for that matter a horrible person - lies flooded my mind about how my walk with the Lord was completely compromised because of this disagreement with Stephen.If no one has ever told you, let me be the first, our minds are a battlefield!

I am always amazed at the mercy of God - and the timing. In the midst of all my thinking and self loathing God broke through...

Roxanne, I am your Redeemer God and forgiveness is yours. I love you no matter what.

I am overwhelmed at the greatness of God. That He would take time to come down to where I am and remind ME, a sinner for sure, that He loves me and will once again forgive me and close that gap (that I created!) between He and I. Isn't God good?

So, as I write this today I am reminded of how big God is and how small I am. He is bigger than my sin, my attitude and any kind of thinking about myself that I could ever dish up... and He will again choose to forgive, it is almost too much for my little pea sized brain to grasp.

Thankful today for the mercy of Almighty God and praying for you, my sweet readers, that wherever you are in your walk with the Lord, that you will remember that He loves you so much and is ready to forgive whatever gap you might have created.

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

Rejoicing in Hope,
Roxanne

No comments:

Post a Comment